In joint scientific projects, the Research Unit Scientific Computing provides methods for data analysis and modelling of complex biological systems. Towards this aim, new mathematical and statistical methods are developed and studied focusing on large scale data analysis and data integration. Together with partners from life sciences, the underlying agents and mechanisms in biomedical systems are studied through experiment and cohort studies.
Within an EU consortium we are developing machine learning services on HPC platforms. We aim to leverage deep learning applications in life sciences by making the technology available ready to use. If you are an experienced Computer Scientist with expertise in machine learning, join our team and help us bring our machine learning applications to the next level.
At the next possible time the ASC is looking for a
- Implementation of deep learning use cases on an HPC cloud platform
- Development of cloud/container technologies for deep learning
- Testing of cloud technology in the HPC context
- Documenting and reporting on outcome of structured tests of the technology
- A Ph.D. and university degree (Master) in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Excellent track record of research achievement
- Strong motivation, scientific curiosity and commitment to scientific excellence
- Experience with data analysis, machine learning and deep learning
- Know How in programming in Python
- Team player who thrives within multi-disciplinary teams and willingness to continue learning
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Experience in working with HPC systems
The following qualifications are considered advantageous
- Proficiency in a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Accomplishments in deep learning either through open source projects, blog contributions, or published work in machine learning conferences such as NIPS, CVPR, ICML, etc.
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years.
The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. In order to increase the proportion of women in management positions, we would be pleased to receive corresponding applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.
Telefon: 089 3187-4171
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Research Unit Scientific Computing
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1
85764 Neuherberg bei München